What load do I need to take in order to receive Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) under Chapter 33, the Post-9/11 GI Bill?
To receive this benefit during our typical (ten-week) terms, you must attend classes at over the half-time load. At SSU, this means for undergraduate veteran students, you have to take more than six APPROVED credit hours of class during the term. For graduate students, you must take more than four credit hours during the term. In other words, both undergraduates and graduates must take a minimum of two four-credit courses that directly lead to your degree in order to get BAH benefits. So long as you maintain over a half-time course load of approved courses, you will receive the benefit, however, if you drop a class and fall to half-time or below, your benefit will stop effective on the class drop date.

Should SSU later develop interim courses of fewer than ten weeks in duration, a different means of determining sufficient attendance will be promulgated.

Close Window